New Travel Rules
Many of us are getting back out there and testing the waters. But that doesn’t mean that life is back to the way it used to be when traveling.
No matter how you like to get around, things have changed. Air travel is different, long car trips are different, and even rail or water travel options are different.
Don’t let that keep you at home if you’re dying for a change of scenery! There are ways to be safe and confident when you’re moving around this beautiful world.
Use these new travel rules to get to where you need to go:
- Do your homework — An ounce of preparation is, well, really good. Look up the regulations for the airline you plan on using or the train you will take so you’re in the know about their policies.
- Bring supplies — It never hurts to be prepared. Bring your mask, hand sanitizer, and gloves just in case you need them.
- Ask the pros — If you’re flying, work with airline employees to get the best possible experience. They will have the most updated information to ensure a safe and happy flight.
- When in doubt, drive — If you’re still unsure about being in crowds, drive! Your vehicle is a safe space, and basic precautions while refueling or getting a bite to eat can keep you moving in the right direction.
You’ve probably been stuck at home for a long time and are itching to get out. With a little prep work and a positive attitude, you may be moving towards somewhere fun and sunny in no time.
Shorts? Check. T-shirt? Check. Flip-flops? Check. It’s official. Summer is almost here.
When the sun starts beaming down those glorious rays, it’s natural to want to be out in it and bask in the warmth. You may already be thinking about your tan and how best to get back to a happy color.
But wait, there’s danger up there! Sunburn can be just an annoyance or a serious hazard to your health. It can also vary from person to person, where one person’s habits could spell serious trouble to another person’s skin.
Luckily, you can enjoy the sunlight safely by following these tips:
- Shield yourself — Suntan lotion is a lifesaver. Slather on that SPF and feel no shame as you strut about in the sun.
- Cover up — Sometimes, the best solution is the oldest. Wearing a long-sleeve shirt of light fabric can help protect your skin while not making you overheated.
- Limit your exposure — Don’t push your luck. Most of us know how long we take to bake, so head back under your umbrella or back inside to take regular breaks from the sun.
- Time of day — The middle of the day is the worst for your risk of sunburn. Staying outside before 10 am and after 3 pm can lower your risk of UV rays – and still be tons of fun.
Get out there and enjoy the warm days safely and confidently and avoid turning red with embarrassment from not following these easy tips.
Independence Day Holiday
Although the 4th of July will fall on Sunday this year, our office will be closed on Monday, July 5th for our employees to enjoy some time with their families.
We hope that everyone has a safe weekend of outdoor activities, Barbeques, and watching fireworks.
If you are to have an emergency while our office is closed please call 308-935-1537 and you will be prompted to hit number 6 for an emergency. This will direct you directly to one of our agent’s cell phones.