We would prefer not to think about natural disasters. But they occur every day around the world. The chance of one happening close to home are higher than you think. With that in mind, the best time to prepare for an event is before it happens.
According to FEMA, these are the basic items you should have in your home emergency supply kit:
- 1 gallon of drinkable water per person per day, for three days
- 3-day supply of non-perishable food per person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio with NOAA Weather Alert capability
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask, plastic sheeting, duct tape
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
- Extra batteries for anything requiring power
It would help if you also considered the unique needs of your family and location to create a customized supply kit that meets any special requirements.
Small Business Owner Tips
Your business is your pride and joy, the rock around which you’ve built your life. You would probably do anything to keep it strong and healthy.
That’s why little tips to make your small business insurance work well are so important. Knowing information that may tip the scales in your favor can help you avoid risk or manage an accident when one does happen.
Here are some helpful tips and tricks that can make sure your insurance works for you the way it should:
- Safety First – Avoiding claims keeps your premium low and your customers happy. Make sure your locations are clean and safe both inside and out to avoid accidents.
- Happy Workers – If you have employees, you know they are the key to success. Keeping them happy and motivated also leads to fewer accidents and lawsuits, which also means fewer claims.
- Digital Help – Your biggest risk may be online. Make sure you’re protected from cyber attacks with cyber liability insurance and the best internet security possible.
Following these three tips will help you stay clear of accidents and keep your insurance costs low and your risk minimal. Soon you’ll be focusing on what matters most: growing your fantastic business.
Memorial Day Office Schedule
Memorial Day 2022 will fall on Monday, May 30th. Our office will be closed on Memorial Day to honor those that have paid the ultimate price to protect our freedom.
If you have any emergency while our office is closed, please call our office at 308-935-1537 and complete the prompt to get connected to our emergency line. You call will then be transferred to one of our agent cell phones. If no one answers, please leave a voicemail and we will contact you as soon as possible. Our office will open back up with regular office hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm on Tuesday May 31st.